Dr. Sheina Macadam
Practicing in: To be updated
#4 of 102 Cosmetic Surgeons / Plastic Surgeons in Vancouver, British Columbia
BIOGRAPHY | PROCEDURES PERFORMED | MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS | EDUCATION | ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS | HOSPITAL AFFILIATIONS | MEDIA | HOBBIES & INTERESTS | REVIEWS
Dr. Sheina Macadam is a Royal College Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon at our False Creek Health Centre. She is also a Clinical Associate Professor within the Division of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery at the University of British Columbia. In 2008, Dr. Macadam founded her very own practice, Dr. Sheina Macadam Inc., in which she is active in both clinical and research oriented work within the Division of Plastic Surgery.
She received her Medical Doctorate (MD) in 2002 from the University of British Columbia, followed by the completion of her residency in Plastic Surgery in 2004 from the University of Alberta and 2007 from the University of British Columbia. Dr. Macadam pursued her breast reconstructive and aesthetic fellowships in Baltimore, Maryland and at the University of Manitoba.
She has 31 peer-reviewed publications and is a reviewer for the Canadian Journal of Plastic Surgery Editorial Board.
- To be updated
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- Recipient of many awards, including
- 2014 Hjalmer Johnston Young Investigator Award from the University of British Columbia
- Nomination for the 2013 Women of Distinction in Vancouver YWCA
- 2012 Mentored Clinician Scientist Award from Vacouver Coastal Health
- 2007 UBC Concept Research Award
- 2007 IB Holubitsky Memorial Excellence in Surgical Residency Award
- 2005 FM Woolhouse Research Award
- Clinical Associate Professor with the University of British Columbia (UBC) Division of Plastic Surgery
- Holds Multiple Grants from the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
- Speaks at Local and International Meetings on Postoperative Outcomes Following Surgery
- Has 31 Peer-Reviewed Publications
- Active in Clinical Research
- Guest Speaker/Presenter
- Calgary Herald: Surgeons Debate Ways to Improve Patient Access to Breast Reconstruction in Canada – 2012
- Plastic Surgery: Handful of Canadian doctors offer nipple-sparing mastectomy – 2012
- Befoer Last Call: 10 Vancouver Plastic Surgeons Offer Boob Jobs Now While You Pay Later – 2011
- Market Wired: Dr. Sheina Macadam Inc. Launches New Website to Enhance Patients’ Experience – 2010
- Breast Outcomes Article: Patient Satisfaction And Health-Related Quality of Life following Breast Reconstruction: Patient Reported Outcomes Among Saline and Silicone Implant Recipients – 2010
- Breast Surgery: The Surgical Management of Granulomatous Mastitis – 2010
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: The Canadian Plastic Surgery Workforce Survey: Interpretation and Implications – 2007
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: Nontuberculous Mycobacterial Breast Implant Infections – 2007
- Annals of Plastic Surgery: Retrospective Case Review of Capsular Contracture After Two-Stage Breast Reconstruction – 2004
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
- To be updated
Reviews updated via RateMDs on 8/7/2015. Average review is based on 52 reviews.
Submitted July 2, 2016
Submitted May 6, 2016
Submitted January 20, 2016
The reviews listed above are a small editorial sample of the many reviews available for this doctor on RateMDs.com at the time of publication. To view all reviews, and any more recent reviews please visit the RateMDs website as new reviews may be added at any time. Overall RateMD star rating is periodically updated and is subject to change over time. Centric Health and RateMDs are unable to guarantee the validity of user submitted reviews.